Sunday, June 7, 2009

NON-VERBAL LANGUAGE: What Would Your First Word For Me Be? Part 2

And this creates a sequel to this story. *click*

Sometimes when I least expect to see him, I would get the chance. I remembered that I triple-checked as I couldn't believe my eyes that he came back. I pretended that I didn't realize his existence however he spotted me. He turned and nodded as a greeting or gesture. I replied with a nod but was too genuinely nervous that I forgot to smile. When I reached home, he asked if I saw him smiling because he thought I ignored him. I explained I saw but not that smile he gave me and I nodded to his gesture, too. I was startled that a single nod can create so many misunderstandings.

The second time occurred when I was rushing into a room to get a seat. Suddenly I heard a knock on the see-through glass next to me. I turned and there he was. He smiled and waved hi. I mouthed hi and waved back. Because we were blocked by the see-through glass, all we could do was to communicate through hand signals. Then, I asked using my hands why he was there. He told me he needed to settle somethings. Nevertheless, we both felt it was difficult to carry on the conversation and continued with our own tasks. Cliche but so true. We were so close, yet so far.

Despite meeting him for countless times. I never know how does his voice sound like. Not even when he's speaking to others as he passes me because he speaks so softly. Yes, he says hi everytime he sees me. But I'm unsure if he just mouthed the word or the crowd roars overcome his tiny voice. Due to time constraint, I doubt if I would ever get to have a face-to-face conversation with him. I no longer want to figure out his non-verbal language puzzle anymore.

Don't be cold towards me. T_T

Signed off,
PANG YUEN CHENG (QUEENIE)

No comments:

Post a Comment