Monday, June 1, 2009

LISTENING : You've Changed.

"If you are a talker, take a break and spend your day listening. Only talk when you have to."


That was what I did a few days ago. As usual, I woke up without the presence of my sister because her classes start earlier than mine. Therefore, I would only get to see her after noon or later in the evening when we both arrive home from school. That is the only time before we get busy with our own works at night. Since I have decided to be a listener for the whole day, I gave my sis a chance to spill out whatever she had or wanted to say.

She began with a minor drama with her best friend all the way until her problems in her studies. She claimed that she never had a perfect friend who could satisfy her 24/7, when she always tolerates with everyone around her. Apart from that, she also shared about her crush towards the hottest guy in school. While I was listening, many words popped up into my mind but I knew that I was supposed to listen, not talk. She almost let out her tears during all these explanations.

Even though I did not mention anything about myself, she could tell what was on my mind. My sister guided me with her very mature and faultless opinions to help solve my problems. I never knew that she needed a crying shoulder so badly. And I never knew that she was this full-grown because normally, I am the one who speaks the most. I felt a little agitated because I have underestimated her all this while. Perhaps this is because she is four years younger. Nevertheless, she pointed out a lot of my negative habits, such as being indecisive and unwillingly to accept others' opinions with an opened-mind.

By the end of the day, I took some time to realise that I always have someone by my side. Last but not least, I would like to wish her a Happy Sweet 15 and I will always treasure her.

Signed off,
PANG YUEN CHENG ( QUEENIE)

No comments:

Post a Comment