Saturday, June 20, 2009

She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not


To all the guys out there, how many times has a girl left you wondering if she's really in to you? It's common to find guys lamenting "Girls are so hard to understand!"

Recently, I came across this forwarded e-mail regarding the 10 ways girls show that they are interested, either verbally or non-verbally. Note that not every girl expresses their liking or love through these ways; remember, every girl is different. This is just a general guideline how guys can tell if a girl is interested in them. Below are the 10 ways stated, together with my elaboration and comments.


1. She always talks about the different varieties of guys.
She will always say that there are many fishes in the sea. Even though this may sound like she's not interested, she's just trying to get your attention by playing "hard to get".

2. She stares at you with a smile on her face.
Note the word "stare", which indicates that she'll keep that smile on their face and look intensely into your eyes, because she is just so happy to see your face. Basically, I would say most girls know that smiles melt a guys heart!

3. She always seems to be talking about how nice you are.
I believe this happens in Western countries more, as I feel most girls here are more shy and less direct. For me, I usually tell a guy I appreciate them indirectly by explaining that I feel bad repeatedly (note repeatedly) whenever he helps me with something.

4. She laughs at all your jokes.
To anyone else, your jokes are so lame they'd kill someone, but to her, you're anything but lame. This is mainly true, for me. No matter how lame or how stupid the guy's joke could be, I'd always laugh. Not because of the joke, but usually because of the look on his face when he presents the joke.

5. She'll ask you who you like, continuously.
Is this true? Maybe when she was young and at preschool or primary school, but for now, I don't think this occurs among college students, mainly because girls know that this sounds very intrusive and may annoy the guy.

6. She talks to your friends a lot.
Talking to a guy's friends is one way she tries to get to know you better, though there are extreme cases where stalking is part of the reason. For example, she'd probably want to find out what you do during your free time, or try her best to dig out information about any girl you have been eying lately.

7. She always flirts with every other guy, except you.
I believe most girls do this to show you "Hey, others here want me too, so if you don't come and get me fast, I'd be taken." Personally I don't think this is feasible because this most probably will hurt you (if you have feelings for her) or it may be a total turn off. At the same time, she would mislead the other guys she was flirting with.

8. She always tries to make you jealous.
Once again, this is to get your attention. In a way, this is to make you realize that you actually feel jealous when she's flirting with others, hoping that when you feel the pain, you'd come to realize that you actually like her too.

9. She begs you to do everything for her. From carrying her books to buying something for her, she tends to get your attention by asking you to do anything and everything for her.

10. She always asks you what to do in a bad situation.
Why you? It's because she trusts you, she needs you, she respects you. She believes that your decisions are perfect, and so she turns to you. Another type of situation is based on my observation on my friends. They like this particular guy, pretend that they are in a "love situation" and lament about this "situation" to the guy they like. However, I don't find this worthy as it may put a guy off as he probably thinks she is interested in someone else.

There you go guys. 10 ways on how to tell if she's in to you. Look carefully and you'll come to realize that hey, in real fact she was always interested in me, it's just that I never knew.


Written by,
Hooi Kit Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment