Sunday, June 7, 2009

NON-VERBAL LANGUAGE: What Would Your First Word For Me Be? Part 1

Sam and I was wandering aimlessly along the corridor. I never like a new beginning because I have to get used to it all over again. Sometimes I'm very tired and scared of this cycle. We were both talking and suddenly I spotted him. We both exchanged stares. Three seconds. I turned away.

That was how it all began. Those stares keep me looking forward to start another day. It has slowly became a rhythm where I would definitely bump into him on Thursdays. Eventually, we recognized each other by stares, attires and actions but not voices. For 14 weeks, there weren't even greetings or gestures from neither one of us. No introductions but those three-second-stares. No smiles but those three-second-stares which held a lot of hidden meanings.

Every Thursday night, I would try to figure out what did those stares from him would have meant? I guess it would either be "interested" or "not interested" in me. But I think the answer will probably be not interested. I didn't know a thing about him, not even his name. By height, he's tall. By size, he has a leaned body. By dressing, he could afford international brands. By actions, he's modest, laid back, shy, quiet and down-to-earth. By looks, I believe he has a great personality.

In the end, I gathered my courage just to add him on Facebook. I was too simple-minded but friends thought we were progressing sell and it marked a good starting point. On Facebook, we exchanged interests and the likes but have nothing in common. Opposite attracts, eh? All these short messages summed up to 59 of them in less than a month. Unfortunately, he ended it all because my last message ended with "take care". He must has assumed I would never want or need his replies anymore. Sometimes there are things which could hardly be explained in words. I tried my very best to insert as many smileys and emoticons to make me sound friendly and cheerful. Even his messages do not contain a single smiley, I know that doesn't mean he is not happy. Maybe not happy, at least neutral.

Please feed me with your messages. =(


Signed off,
PANG YUEN CHENG (QUEENIE)

No comments:

Post a Comment