Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Man.

Luckily I came just on time. The movie rolled in.

The record played College Road Trip staring Raven-Symoné and Martin Lawrence, just to name a few. The title speaks for itself as this movie is about the path to take to further one's studies. But to me, it's the other way round. I think it tells more about daughter and father.

I was pretty surprised to see Lucas Grabeel at the intro of the movie, but he holds such a teeny-weeny role in the movie. The laughters that roared in the class described it all because there are countless scenes especially those with the Greenhuts who keep singing and screaming. What striked me most, it actually made us, okay maybe only me, cried.

I'm well-known for my thousand litres of tears. I get touched easily. Or I can say, every little things that happen around me can easily make me feel emotional. First, I held back those tears. Then, it flowed. Next, it was beyond control. Finally, I cried silently.

College Road Trip very much relates to me and Daddy. It reminds me the day I left for National Service and also the day I arrived home, sound and safe. Then, I remember those 14 days how much I missed Daddy especially. Looking back at my own life, I cannot even remember the last time I sincerely say those three words to Daddy. Of course I tell him I love him, occasionally. Say, Father's Day? But deep inside, I know I just say it but not truly mean it. Daddy is a very cool man, as in cold and really flexible father who gives you enough freedom.

I hate the fact Daddy doesn't want to get me a car because he fears about safety. Everyone else around my age gets a car. Plus, I'm out of my probation period.
I hate the fact Daddy always makes Mummy waits for my door. I have my own keys.
I hate the fact Daddy takes the TV all by himself on weekends. At least, we both enjoy Asian Food Channel.
I hate the fact Daddy loses his temper easily. I'm just like him.
I hate the fact I talk to Grandpa more than Daddy ._.

I was browsing through My Pictures folder and I found none of the pictures are taken with Daddy. =(

Daddy, I always love you.

So Sir said this movie has something to do with our up-coming impromptu presentation. But I couldn't figure out a single thing related to it. I wonder what it is. =D *curious* And there's this one quote I like very much from the movie.

If they don't want you, it is their loss. =)


Signed off,
PANG YUEN CHENG (QUEENIE)

No comments:

Post a Comment