Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dreamworks

Dream works, it is. But not the animation studio.

What is your biggest dream?

A typical, common, simple and direct question. But what say you?

I could still remember the first week of Human Comm class vividly. Sir paired us up to get to know each other and I was assigned to be with Joelah. A very interesting girl with strong determination and confidence. Our conversation involves everything around us from family to friends and to future plans. A few minutes passed and we were called upon to introduce your partner to the whole class. The funny thing was everyone else had a piece of paper of their partners' details except for us. Despite not having Joelah in class anymore, I enjoyed talking to her and am glad to know her. Maybe I should thanks Mr Murali for the golden opportunity. Thanks Sir! ;D

After that, the introduction class continued with getting-to-know-Sir-better. So, Sir asked us to question him rather than self-introduction. Many questions were enquired but there was one which gave me a lot of impact.

What is your biggest dream?

And so, Sir's answer was to own a mansion on the cliff facing the sea. (if I'm not wrong)

Later, I started to wonder what would my answer be. I would be a loser if I find no answers to it. Personally, I think everyone's dream differs and it doesn't matter if it's easy, hard or impossible to be achieved. It's all about satisfying one individual's needs and wants. I seeked for a long time and I finally got one.

And my biggest dream is to travel across the world. Why? Because I want to explore? Because I want to know how does it feel on the other side of the planet? Because I want to know what is good and bad about other places? My dream may sounds common, however it is not easy. I believe the simplest thing can be the hardest thing. It requires commitments, determination and of course the special one to work it together with you.

Eventually, it becomes a habit of mine. I begin asking everyone around me what is their biggest dream. Some just told me they never thought of that. Some fooled around saying want to be like so and so.

One said he wants to be famous and rich. Unfortunately, I was disappointed as our dreams don't click together. Worse, he has no ideas why he wants that. Due to that reason, I feel that two persons are not meant to be together just because their dreams are different. It is silly but I believe one can always changes their own dreams just to satisfy the other halves that they love very much. But I think that is not sincere and truthful anymore.


So what is yours?


Signed off,
PANG YUEN CHENG (QUEENIE)

No comments:

Post a Comment